Friday, January 21, 2011

Hudson Taylor: Songs on His Pilgrimage

Brief yet informative overview of the life of missionary Hudson Tayler by Jason Janz on SermonAudio. There is so much to the life of Hudson, as I learned when reading one of his bios a year or so back, and this message gives a nice overview, while at the same time barely scratching the surface. What I recall most about Hudson Taylor's life was that it was one of an incredible faith, in which, similar to situations in the life of George Mueller, Taylor was often virtually penniless yet completely reliant on God's provisions. In a way, as I personally study Hudson Taylor I find it reflective of how lacking my own walk tends to be, so it serves as powerful illustration of a life of fervent, effective faith in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment